In the final game of a two-game set at Dodger Stadium, the San Francisco Giants (14-9) take on the Los Angeles Dodgers (15-7), Wednesday at 10:10 PM ET.
The Giants are an underdog away (+127) against the Dodgers (-149). The starting pitchers are Tony Gonsolin (1-0) for the Los Angeles Dodgers, and Alex Wood (2-1) for the San Francisco Giants.
Julio Urias (6.0 IP, 0 R, 4 H, 4 K) earned the win in the Dodgers’ 3-1 victory over the Giants yesterday. Chris Taylor led the way offensively, going 2-for-3 with a double and two RBI. Carlos Rodon (6.0 IP, 2 R, 3 H, 3 K) was handed the loss for the Giants.
To prepare for this Dodgers Vs. Giants matchup, here’s everything you need to prepare for Wednesday’s MLB action.
Dodgers vs. Los Angeles San Francisco Giants Odds and Betting Lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Typical Sportsbook. Odds updated Wednesday at 2:04 PM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: Dodgers (-149, bet $ 149 to win $ 100)
- Underdog: Giants (+127, bet $ 100 to win $ 127)
- Over / under: 7.5
Deposit $ 10, GET $ 200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $ 10, get $ 200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Dodgers Stats and Trends
Dodgers Betting Records
- The Dodgers have been favorites in 24 games this season and won 15 (62.5%) of those contests.
- Los Angeles has entered 21 games this season favored by -149 or more and is 13-8 in those contests.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 59.8% chance of a victory for the Dodgers.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have gone over the total this season in six of their 24 opportunities.
- The Dodgers have an ATS record of 15-9-0 in 24 games with a spread this season.
Tony Gonsolin (Dodgers Probable Starter)
- Gonsolin (1-0) will take to the mound for the Dodgers and make his fifth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed three hits in four innings pitched against the Arizona Diamondbacks on Wednesday, April 27.
- The 27-year-old has pitched to a 1.59 ERA this season with 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 4.2 walks per nine across four games.
- The Giants have scored 110 runs this season, which ranks second in MLB. They are batting .235 for the campaign with 24 home runs, 11th in the league.
Dodgers Batting Stats
- The Dodgers have hit 21 homers this season, which ranks 14th in the league.
- The offense for the Dodgers has a slugging percentage of .380 this season, 12th in MLB.
- Los Angeles ranks 12th in MLB with a .235 team batting average.
- The Dodgers have scored the ninth-most runs in the league this season with 105.
- Los Angeles has an on-base percentage of .318 this season, which ranks ninth in the league.
- The Dodgers have shown patience at the plate this season with the fifth-best rate of strikeouts per game (8.0) among MLB offenses.
Giants Stats and Trends
Giants Betting Records
- The Giants have been chosen as underdogs in seven games this year and have walked away with the win two times (28.6%) in those games.
- San Francisco has played as an underdog of +127 or more just one time this year and came away with a win in that game.
- The Giants have an implied victory probability of 44.1% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- San Francisco and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 10 of their 24 opportunities.
- The Giants are 12-11-0 against the spread in their 23 games that had a posted line this season.
Alex Wood (Giants Probable Starter)
- The Giants are sending Wood (2-1) out to make his fifth start of the season. He is 2-1 with a 4.19 ERA and 19 strikeouts over 19 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Saturday, the left-hander threw five innings against the Washington Nationals, giving up five earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- The 31-year-old has put together a 4.19 ERA and 8.8 strikeouts per nine innings over four games this season, while giving up a batting average of .273 to opposing hitters.
- Wood will aim to go five or more innings for his fourth straight appearance. He’s averaging 4.3 frames per outing.
- He will face a Dodgers offense that ranks ninth in the league with 105 total runs scored while batting .235 as a squad. His opponent has a collective .380 slugging percentage (12th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 21 home runs (14th in the league).
Giants Batting Stats
- The Giants are 11th in MLB action with 24 home runs. They average 1.0 per game.
- This season, the Giants rank 17th in baseball with a .373 slugging percentage.
- San Francisco’s .235 batting average ranks 12th in MLB.
- The offense for the Giants is No. 2 in MLB play scoring 4.8 runs per game (110 total runs).
- San Francisco ranks 15th in baseball with a .312 on-base percentage.
- The Giants’ 8.9 strikeouts per game rank 18th in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Dodgers Vs. Giants: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 4, 2022
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
- TV Channel: NBC Sports Networks
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).