Since Brad Holmes and Dan Campbell walked through the door, they have been building an influential culture from top to bottom. One that awards individuals for their continued strong efforts, giving them the platform to take the next step forward in their careers potentially. Today those efforts were awarded as the Lions announced eight front office changes this morning, with only one being an outside hire.
The one hire of strong significance is the promotion of Mike Disner, who was promoted as the Chief Operating Officer. Disner has risen through the ranks in the Lions organization when he was hired in 2019, starting as the Vice President of Football Administration, then Senior Vice President of Football and Business Administration when Brad Holmes took over as General Manager.
Disner is widely respected in the Lions organization as he was integral in the hiring of Brad Holmes and brought Holmes to the front office’s attention. He has been a main avenue for Holmes, coming in as a first-time general manager and widely recognized as an up-and-coming in the NFL, and on his continued trajectory, he could find himself running a front office shortly.
The lone outside hire was making the hire of Brandon Sosna official. The Lions are bringing in Sosna from USC and making him the team’s Senior Director of Football Administration. He is another individual making a name for himself as he was named to the Forbes ’“ 30 Under 30 Sports ”list in 2020 as he played as USC’s athletic director Mike Bohn’s right-hand man.
Here are the rest of the front office changes to round out the recent promotions:
- Lance Newmark from the director of personal player to the senior director of personal player.
- Brian Hudspeth from national scout to assistant director of college scouting.
- Joe Kelleher from pro scout to assistant director of pro scouting.
- Ademi Smith from personal assistant to scout.
- Gina Newell from director of team operations to senior director of football operations.
- Jesse Giambra from the coordinator of team operations to manager of team operations / head coach administration.