The New York Mets (18-7) and Atlanta Braves (11-15) will clash on Wednesday at City Field, starting at 1:10 PM ET.
The Mets are a home favorite (-137) versus the Braves (+116). The Mets will start Tylor Megill (4-0) against the Braves and Ian Anderson (2-1).
The Mets beat the Braves 3-0 yesterday, with Carlos Carrasco getting the win (8.0 IP, 0 R, 6 H, 5 K) and Pete Alonso leading the way offensively (going 2-for-4 with a home run and an RBI ). Kyle Wright (7.0 IP, 3 R, 9 H, 3 K) took the loss for the Braves.
Get ready for the Mets vs. Braves with what you need to know about Wednesday’s game.
New York Mets Vs. Atlanta Braves Odds and Betting Lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Typical Sportsbook. Odds updated Wednesday at 2:03 AM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: Mets (-137, bet $ 137 to win $ 100)
- Underdog: Braves (+116, bet $ 100 to win $ 116)
- Over / under: 7
Deposit $ 10, GET $ 200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $ 10, get $ 200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Mets Stats and Trends
Mets Betting Records
- The Mets have been favorites in 22 games this season and won 17 (77.3%) of those contests.
- New York has a record of 7-3 in games where sportsbooks favor them by at least -137 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Mets, based on the moneyline, is 57.8%.
- Games involving New York have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 10 of 26 chances this season.
- The Mets are 17-8-0 ATS in their 25 games with a spread this season.
Tylor Megill (Mets Probable Starter)
- Megill (4-0) will take to the mound for the Mets and make his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander did not allow a run or hit in five innings pitched on Friday in his last outing, a matchup with the Philadelphia Phillies.
- The 26-year-old has pitched in five games this season with a 1.93 ERA and 8.7 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against .182.
- He has earned a quality start one time in five starts this season.
- Megill will look to finish five or more innings for the sixth start in a row.
- The Braves are batting .225 this season, 20th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .393 (eighth in the league) with 30 home runs.
- Among qualified major league pitchers this season, the 26-year-old’s 1.93 ERA ranks 16th, .857 WHIP ranks 12th, and 8.7 K / 9 ranks 28th.
Mets Batting Stats
- The Mets have hit 20 homers this season, which ranks 17th in the league.
- Hitters for the Mets combine for a team rank 14th of in the majors with a .376 team slugging percentage.
- New York ranks second in MLB with a .255 team batting average.
- No team has scored more than the 113 runs the Mets have this season.
- New York has the best on-base percentage (.336) in baseball this year.
- The Mets are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking ninth with an average of 7.5 strikeouts per game.
Braves Stats and Trends
Braves Betting Records
- The Braves have come away with four wins in the nine contests they have been listed as the underdogs this season.
- Atlanta has been listed as an underdog of +116 or more on two occasions this season and split those games.
- The Braves have an implied victory probability of 46.3% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Atlanta and their opponents have gone over in 13 of their 26 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Braves are 10-16-0 against the spread in their 26 games that had a posted line this season.
Ian Anderson (Braves Probable Starter)
- Anderson makes the start for the Braves, his fifth of the season. He is 2-1 with a 4.66 ERA and 17 strikeouts in 19 1/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance was on Saturday against the Texas Rangers, when the right-hander went six innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing three hits.
- The 24-year-old has an ERA of 4.66, with 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings in four games this season. Opposing batters have a .194 batting average against him.
- Anderson has one quality start under his belt this season.
- Anderson is trying for his fourth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 4.3 innings per start.
- The opposing Mets offense has the 14th-ranked slugging percentage (.376) and ranks 17th in home runs hit (20) in all of MLB. They have a collective .255 batting average, and are first in the league with 213 total hits and first in MLB play scoring 113 runs.
Braves Batting Stats
- The Braves rank second in baseball with 30 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- So far this season, the Braves’ .393 slugging percentage ranks eighth-best in baseball.
- Atlanta has the 20th-ranked batting average in the majors (.225).
- The Braves score the 15th-most runs in baseball (98 total, 3.8 per game).
- Atlanta ranks 19th in baseball with a .299 on-base percentage.
- The Braves strike out 9.0 times per game, the worst average in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Mets Vs. Braves: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 4, 2022
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Stadium: Citi Field
- TV Channel: SportsNet NY
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).